Choosing to purchase a new house is an exciting life decision that requires some initial considerations to ensure that you find the perfect home. Before browsing listings, reflect on the following questions:
- How large does the house have to be for myself, and/or my family to be comfortable?
- How many rooms and bathrooms do I/we need?
- What size of yard will accommodate the needs of my; self, children and/or pets?
- Do I/we prefer a one story or two story home?
- Is an older home or a newer home preferable?
- Closet space... do you have to have a lot or will the average suffice?
- What are my current parking and transportation needs?
- How important is having a house close to work, local amenities, public transportation?
- In which areas of the city would you like to live? Are there areas that you want to avoid?
- Are you willing to purchase a home, condo or PUD that has a Home Owner’s Association?
- Are there special considerations required for hobbies, guests, potential additions to the family, physical limitations or disabilities?
The answers to these questions will help you not only determine the type of house that will be the best for you, but also save you time when viewing houses, screening out those that don’t meet your personal criteria.
To start your home search and find local listings in the area, contact me and we can review your criteria and find houses that meet your personal criteria.